Wednesday 28 March 2012

Au revoir mon chat

Back home after a 4-night visit to Scotland.  This was a last visit to see LH's family before leaving for the Philippines.  There were a few tears, but funnily enough, not from me.

I'm not sad because I KNOW that it won't be long before we see the family again; they will come and visit us in Manila and we definitely plan to come back to the UK every year.  So I wasn't too desolate as I honestly don't think that there will be any difference in the number of times we see them; and I actually believe that the next time will be a better experience as we will make the most of the limited time we have together.

I was however, distressed to leave our cat behind.  But at 19 years of age, we were not sure she would survive a 15-hour journey to the Philippines.  And although we can discuss with LH's family our decision to leave, Poor Cat has not had any explanation and probably feels abandoned.  Sniff.  Being a French cat, she does the cold shoulder very well and has put it on to full effect.  I just comfort myself knowing that LH's parents put cats on top of their priority list; in fact, Poor Cat will probably be wonder why we didn't send her there sooner.


PS. Poor (French) Cat is female, and I could've made the title reflect this properly. However,  I realised to my detriment a few years ago that you do not (ever) use the female version of cat in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment